Remember last month’s launch of the Downtown Gelato Challenge, thanks to Others! cafe on Monument Square? (See our original post detailing the excitement!)
Well, the winner for the July Downtown Gelato Challenge was the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)! Check out photos and notes on the July Challenge results here – it’s great to see who all participated. And to the right up & down this post are photos of CIEE folks enjoying their gelato party – thanks to Others!
For this month we’ve updated the parameters of the Challenge to help keep it simple and fun :
Others! will provide a gelato party at their Monument Square location to the workplace in the Portland Downtown District with the most Green Streets participants – limited to 50 employees or the total number of participants, whichever is greater. (I.e., if there are more than 50 Green Streets participants at your site and you win that month’s challenge, Others! will feed all the participants! However, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your workplace has more than 500 employees.)
- Confirm that you work in the Portland Downtown District – see Old Port, Arts District and Studio District shaded areas on this map.
- Sign in your name and workplace online – with your participation in Green Streets Day on Friday, August 29th.
- Stop by one of these downtown Green Streets sponsors the day of – and sign in there as well:
- Butterfly Baby (543 Congress Street, 553-9255, www.butterflybabyonline.com): 10% discount on all stock! (FYI, Butterfly Baby has cloth diapers, too – the only ones on the peninsula? – in addition to its other green friendly pre-natal to small child (& parent) products.)
- Down-Home Cookin’ (28 Preble Street, 228-2064, menu at www.mainetakeout.com): 10% off all breakfast items – formerly of the Portland Public Market with yummy offerings!
- Guitar Grave (441 Congress Street, 775-4414, www.guitargrave.com): Free music CD with purchase. One free DVD with any purchase of $20 or more – & one pair of shoelaces!
- Lobby Cafe (400 Congress Street – in the Post Office building, 671-5776): Free coffee with breakfast or lunch sandwich!
- Longfellow Books (1 Monument Way, 772-4045, www.longfellowbooks.com): 25% off all used books!
- Maple’s Organic Desserts (Two Locations: 151 Middle Street, 774-COOL or 796 Forest Avenue, 210-6051, www.maplesorganics.com): $1 off any Maple’s product – coffee, baked goods, ice cream cones, pints, etc.!
- Others! coffee and gelato cafe (15 Monument Square, 874-7411): Free 8-oz cup of Others! Fair Trade/organic coffee or tea! Or bring your own mug and they’ll fill it – up to 16 ounces for free!
- Portland Photo Works (142 High St., Suite 220, 228-5829, www.portlandphotoworks.com): 10% all photographs and digital printing!
- Slainte! (24 Preble Street, 828-0900, www.myspace.com/slaintewinebar): $2 pints for all Green Streets participants from 4-9pm – stop by for some great live music that afternoon and evening!