Sign in now (click here) – Please take a minute to breathe amidst your busy summer and sign in now (and every month!) if you plan to walk, bike, take public transit, carpool, and/or telecommute this Green Streets Day – Friday, August 28th. (Click here and scroll down our main page to see who qualifies as a Green Streeter – anyone can do it!)
And find the Green Streets Sponsor nearest you with this great map! And/or read the rest of this entry for the freebies, discounts, and raffle items from local businesses – for those in Greater Portland who:
- Wear Green (shirt, pants, socks, whatever!)
- and Get Around Green (walk, bike, take transit, carpool, telecommute, etc.) on Green Streets Day!
Notes on signing in:
- If you still want to track all your green commuting through the month you can go to the upper right corner of the screen and switch your entry form to “General” – just be sure to place a check on Green Streets Day.
- As in the past, your email address is required for identification. This information is kept absolutely private – Portland Green Streets never shares e-mails with anyone else.
Signing in enters you in this month’s Green Streets raffle and provides us with great collective green commuting data (which you’ll hear about with the raffle results!)
This Month’s Incentives (Freebies, Discounts & Raffle Items)
Freebies and Discounts for Green Streets Participants on August 28, 2009:
- Attention to Detail Residential Cleaning Services (221-6558, www.greencleanhome4u.com): Offering a one time 10% discount for new accounts who mention “Green Streets” when calling for a cleaning!
- Bruce’s Burritos (438 U.S. Rt. 1, Yarmouth, 846-6330, www.brucesburritos.com): 10% off all menu items!
- Butterfly Baby (543 Congress Street, 553-9255, www.butterflybabyonline.com): 10% discount on all stock! (FYI, Butterfly Baby has cloth diapers, too – the only ones on the peninsula? – in addition to its other green friendly pre-natal to small child (& parent) products.)
- Clayton’s Cafe (447 U.S. Route One, Yarmouth, 846-1117, www.claytonscafe.com): Free small coffee – our first business to participate in Yarmouth!
- Down-Home Cookin’ (28 Preble Street, 228-2064, menu at www.mainetakeout.com): 10% off all breakfast items – formerly of the Portland Public Market with yummy offerings!
- Fetch! (195 Commercial Street, 773-5450): 10% off bio-degradable poop bags, poop bag dispensers, treat pouches and travel water bowls for Green Streets participants with pooches!
- Fog Cutter Coffee (Two Locations: 519 Warren Ave., Portland and 176 Gray Road, Cumberland, 761-4520, www.myspace.com/fogcuttercoffee: Free iced or hot medium coffee!
- Gorham Bike & Ski (693 Congress Street, 773-1700, www.gorhambike.com): Free sample of Chamois Butter – don’t give chafe a chance!
- Green Clean Maine (221-6600, www.greencleanme.com): Sign in your participation in Green Streets and get $5 off any cleaning the week before or after Green Streets Day!
- GTE Federal Credit Union (63 Marginal Way – building marked with Gorham Savings Bank sign, www.gtefcu.org): Cookies, coffee and juice for all Green Streeters who stop by (definitely stop in even if you aren’t a member)!
- Guitar Grave (441 Congress Street, 775-4414, www.guitargrave.com): Free music CD with purchase. One free DVD with any purchase of $20 or more – & one pair of shoelaces!
- Homegrown Herb & Tea(195 Congress Street, 774-3484, www.homegrownherbandtea.com): 1/2 off any hot or iced tea – a whole host of possibilities every day!
- Hilltop Coffee Shop (99 Congress Street; 780-0025): Free regular coffee for Green Streets participants who bring their own mug (1/2 off for those who don’t)!
- Jen Burrall Designs (76 Washington Ave., 772-1902, www.jenburralldesigns.com): 10% off all merchandise!
- Lobby Cafe(400 Congress Street – in the Post Office building, 671-5776): Free coffee with breakfast or lunch sandwich!
- Longfellow Books (1 Monument Way, 772-4045, www.longfellowbooks.com): 25% off all used books!
- Maine Audubon (20 Gilsland Farm Road, Falmouth, 781-2330, www.maineaudubon.org): Four offers that day: 1/2 off a Maine Audubon membership; 20% off any Nature Store purchase for existing Maine Audubon members (including a great new book in stock, “Eco Babies Wear Green”!); Free “green gift” from the Nature Store for all participants; And a Return-Free sticker if participants have traveled by bus!
- Maple’s Organic Desserts (Two Locations: 151 Middle Street, 774-COOL or 796 Forest Avenue, 210-6051, www.maplesorganics.com): $1 off any Maple’s product – coffee, baked goods, ice cream cones, pints, etc.!
- North Star Cafe (225 Congress Street, 699-2994, www.northstarmusiccafe.com): Free small iced or hot coffee or tea!
- O’Naturals in Falmouth (240 US Rte 1, Falmouth, 781-8889, www.onaturals.com): Buy one entree get a second one for free!
- Others! coffee and gelato cafe (15 Monument Square, 874-7411): Free 8-oz cup of Others! Fair Trade/organic coffee or tea! Or bring your own mug and they’ll fill it – up to 16 ounces for free!
- Panera Bread (343 Gorham Road, South Portland, 780-1212, www.panerabread.com): Free small coffee!
- Portland Dog Wash (981 Forest Ave., 797-7082 , www.portlanddogwash.com): $2 off a self-service dog wash and a free Greenie dog treat!
- Portland Photo Works (142 High St., Suite 220, 228-5829, www.portlandphotoworks.com): 10% off digital printing and select photo prints!
- Rosemont Market (Two locations: 559 Brighton Ave., Portland, 774-8129; 96 Main St., Yarmouth, 846-1234): Buy a delicious homemade pastry and receive a free cup of Coffee by Design coffee!
- Slainte! (24 Preble Street, 828-0900, www.myspace.com/slaintewinebar): $2 pints for all Green Streets participants from 4-9pm – stop by for some great live music that afternoon and evening.
Raffle Items for August 2009:
- A $20 gift certificate to use at any Goodwill Industries retail store!
- A $25 gift card to Pat’s Pizza in Yarmouth!
- 6 cans (a months supply to six winners) of Super C22TM fro Dr. Newton’s Naturals - a unique beverage powder, containing the power of 22 forms of Vitamin C – a whopping 2,500% of the recommended daily allowance, that you add to water!
- One free U Car Share membership ($50 discount) OR $30 of free use!
- Two tickets to “The Saturday Show” from the St. Lawrence Arts & Community Center!
- A super-extensive map from Portland Trails!
- $10 gift card from Rosemont Bakery on Congress Street!
- One Ten-Ride Ticket from the South Portland Bus Service!
- A $50 gift certificate to the Maine Running Company!
- A fancy water bottle from Healthy Portland!
- One free pint of Others! famous gelato!
- Two free tickets for the Greater Portland METRO Bus!
- A 6 month subscription from Port City Life Magazine!
- Free admission tickets to the Children’s Museum of Maine!
- One free pair of Bridgedale or SmartWool socks from Nomads!
- A cool cotton brimmed hat – from WMPG – Greater Portland Community Radio!
- A $10 gift card to enjoy at O’Naturals!